Milei meeting with Elon Musk

A countries resources must be managed for the benefits of its inhabitants as happens in Norway Dubai and Quatar . Milei wants to privatize everything and leave his citizens with absolutely no protection.
Nothing owned by the Government works properly in this country. Different cultures have different mentalities and what works in Norway or Dubai doesn't necessarily have to work in Argentina. I'm ok with selling Aerolineas Argentinas, etc.

Letting the Musks of the world loot Argentina "to own the libs" is the exact sort of opinion and logical followthrough I expect from Mileistas.

I don't believe in ISI or the K isolationism, but perhaps a man who continuously snatches defeat from the jaws of victory while being so high on ketamine all the time that it's looking to increasingly be an FTC issue isn't the the kind of person we should be taking pointers from? Also, it's funny because Musks' projects are literally antithetical to what libertarians claim to believe in; without government subsidies/contracts there'd be no Space X, SolarCity, Tesla, etc.

Apparently suckling at the government teat is only good when it's other right wing grifters doing it

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that Argentina should let any company loot it. That would be insane and corrupt.

If you don't like electric cars, that's fine, but blame Obama for providing the bail out money to the auto industry, which Tesla paid back, and Biden for providing tax incentives for people to buy American made electric cars.

Again, solar has been incentivized by the Biden admin and some state government.

SpaceX obviously gets a lot of work from the US gov, among other governments

I find these businesses worth incentivizing, lots of conservatives find solar and electric cars to be inefficient liberal pipe dreams. I disagree.

Volkswagen has a big presence in Argentina they produced machinery for the Nazi's and used jewish slave labor. They more recently committed massive fraud by lying about emissions on their cars. Should we allow them in Argentina?

Nothing owned by the Government works properly in this country. Different cultures have different mentalities and what works in Norway or Dubai doesn't necessarily have to work in Argentina. I'm ok with selling Aerolineas Argentinas, etc.

Milei wishes to Privatize government owned companies. He Only needs to find local or foreign partners willing to invest? Wishful thinking..?

Back