From LaNacion: Macri lanza un plan para reforzar el control de los inmigrantes

So basically, residency requirements haven't changed but now you can do most of the tramites remotely rather than at DMN? Is that the thrust of this?

That is the fairly tales. Reallity is that they tell you. Regularize. You say Ok, I would love to. They say, you do not qualify for rentista, retirement, etc (spounse and parent of a native child are not eligible), so, we arrest you right now because foreigners rule is to be arrested and the exception is freedom (what a good definition os slavery).

Stay away from the DNM.

Would you give this advice (Stay away from the DNM) to everyone who has overstayed, including a foreigner who wants to get married with an Argentine citizen?

Last edited:
So basically, residency requirements haven't changed but now you can do most of the tramites remotely rather than at DMN? Is that the thrust of this?

Short answer: It's a trap.

Long answer: It's a ploy to get foreigners who have overstayed to apply for (and probably pay the immigration fee) on line, but they would still have to submit the original documents in person.

Those who qualify will get the residency they seek.

Those who don't will get the boot. 1534868363683.png

Would you give this advice (Stay away from the DNM) to everyone who has overstayed, including a foreigner who wants to get married with an Argentine citizen?

To be a fiance does not make you eligible for the DNU 70/2017 just like that, so, yes until you are actually married.

To be a fiance does not make you eligible for the DNU 70/2017 just like that, so, yes until you are actually married.

So, as far as migraciones is concerned, the DNU 70/2017 is NOT dead?

And, if the foreigner has overstayed his or her 90 day visa and the Registro insists that he or she has a valid visa, how can they get married?

And, if the foreigner has overstayed his or her 90 day visa and the Registro insists that he or she has a valid visa, how can they get married?

You go to 2 judges. One criminal to make a complaint agaisnt the public officer who said so, the other to order the marriage to happends.

The second option is to marry abroad at the AR consulate.

Short answer: It's a trap.

Long answer: It's a ploy to get foreigners who have overstayed to apply for (and probably pay the immigration fee) on line, but they would still have to submit the original documents in person.

I can’t help myself...

Attachments

• C4580C69-4E67-42CF-A810-1ED09435AF5F.jpeg
    C4580C69-4E67-42CF-A810-1ED09435AF5F.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 11

Did you mean to be a fiance does not make you exempt from the DNU 70/2017or does not make you eligible for the DNI? Both would have the same meaning.

I asked the question remembering a thread started by a foreigner who had overstayed his 90 day entry permit and wanted to get married. He indicated he would go to the Registro "someday" to ask if he could get married with an expired "tourist visa" but I don't think he ever posted about the results of such an inquiry.

Back