Ten Most Dangerous Cities - Ba Not On List

It's all relative but, despite the hysteria and the utterly unprofessional law enforcement, Buenos Aires is a safe city by most any standard. In 1976-83, though, it was one of the worst.

It's all relative but, despite the hysteria and the utterly unprofessional law enforcement, Buenos Aires is a safe city by most any standard. In 1976-83, though, it was one of the worst.
Do you have any data to back that up?

How was street crime, e.g. motochorros, muggings, pick pocketing, house invasions in 1976-83 compared to now?

Been to 8 of 10 NEVER TO KABUL NOR BAGHDAD
BA has become very dangerous in terms of what it was in the past NO DISCUSSION THERE! but compared to Caracas or San Pedro Sula, this is a safe city!
Agree with camberiu Rio is not even the most dangerous city in Brazil
One city that should be there is Georgetown, Guyana a vile pit and dangerous!!I had to run twice from pending attacks in broad daylight in central areas! When you change money, the changers come to you on motorbikes so you don't have to take yet another risk!
And places where the general public think it's dangerous, like Tehran , Iran, I can assure you it is a very safe city! I was there one month last december OBVIOULSY, safe if you don't screw in public with the Islamic Republic!

Been to 8 of 10 NEVER TO KABUL NOR BAGHDAD
BA has become very dangerous in terms of what it was in the past NO DISCUSSION THERE! but compared to Caracas or San Pedro Sula, this is a safe city!
Agree with camberiu Rio is not even the most dangerous city in Brazil
One city that should be there is Georgetown, Guyana a vile pit and dangerous!!I had to run twice from pending attacks in broad daylight in central areas! When you change money, the changers come to you on motorbikes so you don't have to take yet another risk!
And places where the general public think it's dangerous, like Tehran , Iran, I can assure you it is a very safe city! I was there one month last december OBVIOULSY, safe if you don't screw in public with the Islamic Republic!

I have visited Georgetown without incident, but was very circumspect about where I went and what I did. That said, I found it an interesting city.

One of those lists where a random guy sells his beliefs as facts - probably without having been to the cities, nor seen any crime data...

Do you have any data to back that up?

How was street crime, e.g. motochorros, muggings, pick pocketing, house invasions in 1976-83 compared to now?

My dad tells me that during that time he could be taking a train deep at night with my mom and not even worry about getting robbed. Not for one second. Neither me nor my dad support the dictatorship but their was virtually no "civil" crime during that time. He never really worried about being captured by the government or being killed by a Montoneros bombing either.

My dad tells me that during that time he could be taking a train deep at night with my mom and not even worry about getting robbed. Not for one second. Neither me nor my dad support the dictatorship but their was virtually no "civil" crime during that time. He never really worried about being captured by the government or being killed by a Montoneros bombing either.

Hi,

Why worrying about getting robbed during 76-83 if you could get kidnapped, tortured and then dropped from a plane while you were still alive. Do you realize what you are posting?

Cheers!

Back