Quick and easy place to get glasses around Palermo?

booms

Registered
Here for a couple of weeks as a tourist, no DNI.

Is there a place I can get some new glasses quickly while I'm here? I've got my prescription already but a new eye test wouldn't be a bad thing.

Something like Vision Express (for those of you from the UK) but doubt there's anything quite that fast!

Espacio Vision, Dorrego 2287. My wife recently got new lenses fitted to an existing pair of glasses using a prescription from Australia (although she is Argentine and has a DNI). Ready in two days. 6000 pesos. It's not a Vision Express or Specsavers (don't think there is an equivalent chain here), but a single shop so quite impressed by the quick turnaround and cost.

I get my lenses on the same day at Optica LookOut (Cryzal with blue filter). If you have prescription sunglasses, it takes 2 days, though.
There is a store in Belgrano. https://www.opticaslookout.com.ar/

They offer cash discounts, of course!

Well, Galleria del Optico is one block from the Obelisko, Avenida Corrientes 1246. When I need glasses I always go there. If you don't have a prescription they can lift them off from your old glasses.The shops are one right next to each other so the prices are very competitive.
Fast turnaround, usually they can do it on the same day. Well worth the trip and the selection of frames is endless.

Well, Galleria del Optico is one block from the Obelisko, Avenida Corrientes 1246. When I need glasses I always go there. If you don't have a prescription they can lift them off from your old glasses.The shops are one right next to each other so the prices are very competitive.
Fast turnaround, usually they can do it on the same day. Well worth the trip and the selection of frames is endless.

A friend that is very thrifty, goes to Once and buys knock off fancy brand sunglasses, and takes them to the Optico to have prescription glasses installed...!

Back