Country Life In Argentina - Who Would Like To Try It?

steveinbsas

Registered
If anyone would like to experience "country life" in Argentina please feel free to contact me in a PM and/or ask questions here. I have a two guest rooms and an escritorio in the front part of the house that are now available for 1-3 months.

Everything is furnished (sheets, towels, etc) and I have always enjoyed cooking with friends. No one is expected to do any work except to do their "fair share" keeping the bathroom and kitchen clean.

I am only looking for one individual at a time who would like to spend from one to three months experiencing the fresh air and peace and quiet of "semi-rural" living has to offer, but the second bedroom would be available if they have a friend who would like to visit for up to one week a month. The "main" guest room has a 32" TV with DirecTV.

This is a great place to read, write, paint, and walk on roads less traveled while enjoying the sunshine and fresh air under beautiful blue skies. I have a car and go to the nearby towns at least once a week and there is hourly bus service from the village to the nearest town for about five pesos. I always meet arriving "guests" in person at the airport or the bus terminal. There are several nice destinations for day trips in the area, both inland and on the coast.

I can also help anyone who needs to get their tourist visa extended or would like to apply for temporary residency (rentista and pensionado) at the closest office of migraciones.

house.jpg

For additional information: http://baexpats.org/...it-really-like/

If anyone would like to experience "country life" in Argentina please feel free to contact me in a PM and/or ask questions here. I have a two guest rooms and an escritorio in the front part of the house that are now available for 1-3 months.

Everything is furnished (sheets, towels, etc) and I have always enjoyed cooking with friends. No one is expected to do any work except to do their "fair share" keeping the bathroom and kitchen clean.

I am only looking for one individual at a time who would like to spend from one to three months experiencing the fresh air and peace and quiet of "semi-rural" living has to offer, but the second bedroom would be available if they have a friend who would like to visit for up to one week a month. The "main" guest room has a 32" TV with DirecTV.

This is a great place to read, write, paint, and walk on roads less traveled while enjoying the sunshine and fresh air under beautiful blue skies. I have a car and go to the nearby towns at least once a week and there is hourly bus service from the village to the nearest town for about five pesos. I always meet arriving "guests" in person at the airport or the bus terminal. There are several nice destinations for day trips in the area, both inland and on the coast.

I can also help anyone who needs to get their tourist visa extended or would like to apply for temporary residency (rentista and pensionado) at the closest office of migraciones.

For additional information: http://baexpats.org/...it-really-like/

Is it worth the risk? http://tinyurl.com/nocpuln

This cartoon (from the link in the previous post) is amusing, and it might have been even funnier...

libertarian-fire-dept.jpg

...if I was actually a Libertarian.

Recently, the son of one of my neighbors helped me extinguish a small brush fire (using buckets of water) near the intersection closest to my house while the local fire department, which is supported in part by voluntary contributions (including mine), put out a larger brush fire down the street. Neither of our houses were actually threatened by the flames.

When there's smoke in the air here, people take to the streets to see where it's coming from and take the appropriate action, including alerting their neighbors and calling the bomberos who can arrive in less than ten minutes if necessary.
emo32.gif

PS: Brush fires here are rare and they are usually started by a cigarette tossed into the weeds along side the road from a passing car or truck. That's why I frequently cut down the weeds on the land between my fence line and the street, even though it is not "my" property. As a result, the chance of the multiple rows of tamarisco trees at the front of my property ever catching fire is minimal.

This cartoon (from the link in the previous post) is amusing, and it might have been even funnier...

libertarian-fire-dept.jpg

Recently, the son of one of my neighbors helped me extinguish a small brush fire (using buckets of water) near the intersection closest to my house while the local fire department, which is supported in part by voluntary contributions (including mine), put out a larger brush fire down the street. Neither of our houses were actually threatened by the flames.

When there's smoke in the air here, people take to the streets to see where it's coming from and take the appropriate action, including alerting their neighbors and calling the bomberos who can arrive in less than ten minutes if necessary.

PS: Brush fires here are rare and they are usually started by a cigarette tossed into the weeds along side the road from a passing car or truck. That's why I frequently cut down the weeds on the land between my fence line and the street, even though it is not "my" property. As a result, the chance of the multiple rows of tamarisco trees at the front of my property ever catching fire is minimal.

In a true emergency, of course, buckets of water always trump professional firefighters.

Sorry if what I say below ends up taking the thread away from what you were trying for, Steve (that is, more so than Ajo already has, as usual). In fact, if I didn't have a family and a mountain of work commitment, I'd be tempted to take you up on your offer. Personally, I love country living and the only thing I've come close to that here in Argentina was living in a closed neighborhood far outside CABA for a couple of years, which isn't nearly the same thing. The first company I worked with here in 2006 recruited many of their younger folk from colleges in Bahia Blanca and I was always curious to see what the region was like, but I've never made it south of Buenos Aires yet.

More power to you, man.

I think it's somewhat humorous that Ajo keeps tagging you as a Libertarian, following along behind your posts like a naive puppy that's trying to catch the proverbial car. Even if you were a Libertarian, all he can do is offer up completely false images of Libertarians in some kind of propaganda-like effort to present enough lies about Libertarians to make others think that's what a Libertarian is. Ah, the base ignorance. In the meantime, he automatically hates Republicans (and not only seems to think all Republicans are the same, but also seems to equate Libertarians to Republicans as well, only more extreme in their thinking) and seems to believe in his own faith of "fairness by force" (my words, my conclusion - he writes much like my ex-wife talked, who hated everyone except for that small group of people who believed the same as she did. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that he has a blog and writes about things my ex-wife couldn't know, I'd suspect he was actually her in "drag"!) as if reasonable people could not possibly believe differently from him and be worthwhile human beings. I can see he's real open-minded and surely a man someone would be lucky to call "friend" (this statement is more like satire, not what I really think, just to be sure that no one gets the wrong idea).

Of course, the size of his brain seems to me to be comparable to one of the words commonly found in his posted links: "Tiny". Only someone with such a narrow view of the world, yet such an apparently huge ego, could possibly continue as he does. Quite frankly, his idiocy often keeps me from wanting to come onto this forum and share my thoughts. I personally find him to be quite irritating and a force for obfuscation and derision, the antithesis of rational discussion and argument. I find him to be the worst of the posters on here, simply because he brings zero value and 100% aggravation. Even Matias (9600 and counting) I find to have more useful posts than almost anything Ajo has posted, and I disagree with just about everything Matias has to say, at least related to politics and related topics - yet I would engage Matias in discussion where I would not with Ajo.

I wouldn't be saying these things if I hadn't just reached some kind of internal limit. I really enjoy coming onto this forum and seeing what everyone thinks, but Ajo invariably ruins it for me. Of course he has every right to remain here and be an ass (within whatever parameters the owners/moderators of the site are willing to tolerate, which apparently is quite a bit), but we all have the same right and I'm exercising said right to let people know what I think of this thoughtless idiot.

Quite frankly, his idiocy often keeps me from wanting to come onto this forum and share my thoughts. I personally find him to be quite irritating and a force for obfuscation and derision, the antithesis of rational discussion and argument. I find him to be the worst of the posters on here, simply because he brings zero value and 100% aggravation. Even Matias (9600 and counting) I find to have more useful posts than almost anything Ajo has posted, and I disagree with just about everything Matias has to say, at least related to politics and related topics - yet I would engage Matias in discussion where I would not with Ajo.

I wouldn't be saying these things if I hadn't just reached some kind of internal limit. I really enjoy coming onto this forum and seeing what everyone thinks, but Ajo invariably ruins it for me. Of course he has every right to remain here and be an ass (within whatever parameters the owners/moderators of the site are willing to tolerate, which apparently is quite a bit), but we all have the same right and I'm exercising said right to let people know what I think of this thoughtless idiot.
AMEN. AMEN. AMEN. El Queso, I so agree. Ajo definitely ruins the forum for a lot of us. (My proudest accomplishment here at BAexpats was the thread were I gave him a piece of my mind and he actually stayed away for a while.) What a complete loser. A grown man being completely ridiculous and always being so mean and annoying. He also does the US left a huge disservice with his babble.

Stevein BsAs, I think your offer is great and very generous - I am sure it would be perfect for a writer or anyone who works remotely and wants some piece and quiet for a while!

Stevein BsAs, I think your offer is great and very generous - I am sure it would be perfect for a writer or anyone who works remotely and wants some piece and quiet for a while!

Thanks. You're very kind. I should be clear that this is not an "open offer" to anyone who just wants to rent part of my house. I will also make this offer on the "Galt's Gulch Online" website (the only other website where I post), but the ideal house guest doesn't have to be a fan of Ayn Rand or ever read anything she wrote. Nonetheless, I will have to be cautiously selective about who, if anyone, I actually invite.

They will enjoy their country time if they can get along with someone who would call himself a Constitutional Conservative that despises most of today's politicians (both R and D) and believes in a Federal Government that governs less (as defined by the Constitution as written and as amended). Though I used to call myself a Libertarian, I stopped using the term when I realized that it also could be construed as being an Anarchist.

The bottom line: I have no desire to argue about these issues (or any others) with anyone in my own home. If they need their "own space" my house is well designed to fulfill their need. The front section (about 50 mtrs2) was originally the entire house (which now totals 150 mtrs2).

I would also like to add that I started this thread at the beginning of cooler weather. It can be near and even below freezing at night but the daily high temperature in July and August is often in the upper 40's and low 50's (Fahrenheit). Anyone who likes to be outside in warmer weather should wait until September or October.

Queso, you are (again) the man.

I simply cannot hide my jealousy in wishing I could express my thoughts - which (too?) often match yours - nearly as eloquently, thoughtfully, or respectfully as you do every time. Your respect, especially, comes through even - or especially - when attacking (demolishing?) someone, as in your post above - to boot, on a personal level not just intellectually. I am simply mad with envy.

Steve is this a new business? Are you advertising "Country Living" somewhere? Good Luck.

Steve is this a new business? Are you advertising "Country Living" somewhere? Good Luck.

Thanks for the questions. I'm glad you asked them. It's not a business and I am not advertising it anywhere, just posting about it here and will also do so on the Galt's Gulch Online website. While it could be advertised as a "house share" I am not offering to "rent" a room to anyone who simply expresses the desire to spend a month (or more) here with me. For obvious reasons I have to be very selective. I an much more likely to "accept" someone who has been a member of the forum for at least a year and shown respect for others than someone who just joined or has been a member for a couple years and has revealed their inner schmuck for all to see. If they have similar values we will no doubt have a lot to talk about. As I wrote in my previous post, I have no desire to argue with others, especially those who do not present their ideas with reason and logic and can only offer a never ending onslaught of one line wisecracks that wouldn't make it into a fortune cookie. (Speaking "quite generally" of course.)
emo32.gif

Back