From LaNacion: Macri lanza un plan para reforzar el control de los inmigrantes

I don;t understand why is the govt so desperate about immigration rather than trying to solve the more serious issues the country is facing.
A government is a big, complex thing and ought to be capable of working towards the solutions to all its problems in parallel, and shouldn't have to choose one thing or another. Back in the UK the Brexit debacle seems to be consuming all the government's energy and everything else is falling by the wayside. So, not a brilliant example, then.

In my opinion, an illegal resident and/or a tourist who is a patient seeking non-emergency care at a public facility should pay out of pocket for the medical service provided by said entity. There is a social services unit at every public hospital which the patient who does not possess a DNI can seek guidance about obtaining residency. But it should not be the task of the physician providing the service to identify illegals.

Back in the UK as part of the so-called hostile environment for illegal immigrants landlords and employers can be fined thousands of pounds if they let property to or employ, respectively, anybody without checking their immigration status. Hospitals have been required to check up on their patients and schools on their pupils. There's been a huge public backlash against the latter two - especially in the light of the "Windrush Scandal" - but I'm not sure how much has changed.

Does this mean that if you let your tourist visa expire, you'll basically be able to become a legal resident with a DNI and everything for 6000 pesos?

Does this mean that if you let your tourist visa expire, you'll basically be able to become a legal resident with a DNI and everything for 6000 pesos?

I don't believe so...there don't appear to be any reference to any changes in residency requirements for approval.

I don't believe so...there don't appear to be any reference to any changes in residency requirements for approval.

So it's for people who are eligible for residency but just have been too lazy to get it?

In my opinion, an illegal resident and/or a tourist who is a patient seeking non-emergency care at a public facility should pay out of pocket for the medical service provided by said entity. There is a social services unit at every public hospital which the patient who does not possess a DNI can seek guidance about obtaining residency. But it should not be the task of the physician providing the service to identify illegals.

Sometimes I do not understand if you are racist or just idiot. There does not exist immigration cathegories. There are only visas you cannot fullfit if you already live here being an immigrant because the visas are permisions to get into the country.

I suggest you read Mein Kampf because you will find out that your opinions about immigration have its source in that best seller.

And again, there are not illegals in Argentina. Only inhabitants.

Last edited:
So it's for people who are eligible for residency but just have been too lazy to get it?

Of course not. They are to lazy to be self deportated.... because this administration wants to do an ethnic cleansy.

No. It means you have to qualify for visa or you are arrested right away unless you are from Venezuela and you are anti maduro.

Back