Moving to Argentina

Hello fellow expats!

I've been lurking these forums for a while now and getting some great info. So I decided to make an account today and perhaps get some advice from you on my particular situation, which I think is a bit more uncommon.

I have recently graduated from UC Davis in economics, and am working here in the US, taking advantage of the prosperous economic climate at the moment to save for the move! My plan is to go for a Master's degree in Economics in Argentina and I have the schooling more or less sorted out at this point. My main question is, how easy is it to find a job in Argentina having some education and experience (banking)? I realize a lot of people have asked this in previous posts but my situation doesn't seem to align with most of what I have seen. I do not require visa sponsorship because I have dual citizenship with a Mercosur country. My Spanish is pretty decent too, while not perfect.

I am also trying to save about US$10,000 as backup while studying and looking for a possible job. Not accounting for income provided by my family because I would only take it during an emergency.

Thanks!
Out of curiosity, where are you planning on going to school?
I'm from US and did a MBA at ditella a few years back. The difference between a US university and a top level school here in terms of job placement/assistance was startling. Here there was 1 or 2 events per year, open house w a handful of local companies, and that was it.
The masters here seemed to help most move up in their established company, did not seem to open doors like I have heard from friends in the US.
Finding a job here seems to be much more about contacts than place of education.
The economy has been shaky for awhile, now uncertain after last week. Definitely an interesting place to study economics, will be a challenge to find work.
PM me if you want to chat more.

Master's? Son, come live here and you will earn a PhD in economics. Welcome to the basket case, to the Keynesian Frankenstein mutant monster of economics.
Get your Ph.D in economics on Ave Santa Fe and the little streets of Once. What do you get to lose ? If you run out of the money, you just go home.
Money cant buy experience.

Out of curiosity, where are you planning on going to school?
I'm from US and did a MBA at ditella a few years back. The difference between a US university and a top level school here in terms of job placement/assistance was startling. Here there was 1 or 2 events per year, open house w a handful of local companies, and that was it.
The masters here seemed to help most move up in their established company, did not seem to open doors like I have heard from friends in the US.
Finding a job here seems to be much more about contacts than place of education.
The economy has been shaky for awhile, now uncertain after last week. Definitely an interesting place to study economics, will be a challenge to find work.
PM me if you want to chat more.
I’m doing exams for Di Tella and Universidad de San Andres since they seem to be the best in Economics. I considered maybe going into a different masters (maybe finance) at UBA since that is a nicer budget to go on. I’ll definitely pm you right now! Thanks

Back