Roast: What cut of beef?

Magis

Registered
I want to make a roast(beef...not pork) in the oven at some point and am a little confused as to what I should be buying/looking for. After browsing, I am guessing I should be getting Quadril??? Right/Wrong, Suggestions welcome...

Cuadril is good, peceto is nice too - use google images if you want to see what each looks like. The meat is divided up on the carcass using a different scheme to the ones you've become used to in Europe or the USA and while many favourite cuts are still there, my favourite - rolled rib or rib-eye doesn't feature very often because the cross-cut ribs usually end up on the asado.

elhombresinnombre said:
Cuadril is good, peceto is nice too - use google images if you want to see what each looks like. The meat is divided up on the carcass using a different scheme to the ones you've become used to in Europe or the USA and while many favourite cuts are still there, my favourite - rolled rib or rib-eye doesn't feature very often because the cross-cut ribs usually end up on the asado.

Oh by the way...what is cuadril ,peceto ,bondiola sold as in usa?

The best I've had is OJO DE BIFE. You'll find it at COTO wrapped in sealed plastic (good for a month) if your local store doesn't have a butcher counter where they do special cuts. Put in a pan and bake for an hour. You can't go wrong.

Colita de cuadril and Bife chorizo are excellent as well.

At DISCO this passed Saturday, I saw chunks of meat marked as-

ROAST BEEF

I'm pretty sure that that would work.

Roast beef is low end.
I sugest bife con lomo (T bone) or bife angosto or ancho.
Cook them very slow with some salt.
Regards

Roast beef to expats ( you talking to me?) means rib roast or sirloin roast or prime rib, equivalents to ojo de bife or bife angosto so for an expat the term roast beef is not "low end." It only seems that way for someone with an inverted perspective...

Napoleon said:
At DISCO this passed Saturday, I saw chunks of meat marked as-

ROAST BEEF

I'm pretty sure that that would work.

Also known as: Ros bif, Rosd beet, Roas beef, Rost bef. Depending on the comprehension of English in each local.

Back