Travel while residency is in process

jayjane

Registered
I looked for this in the threads but didn´t find quite what I was looking for. Anyone know if you can travel right after applying for residency or, if you have to wait?

We have a trip to the U.S. coming up but, I also need to apply for residency (through marriage). By the time we leave I will have been here on a tourist visa for about 5 months. Did one visa run. Not sure if we should apply for my residency before or after the trip. There is no 180 day maximum rule in Argentina is there? Although I think I would still be good being a few weeks shy of 180 days.

hi jayjane. You should be issued a residencia precaria (good for 60-90 days I think) when you start your residency process if you have all the right forms submitted, and you can leave the country with that. Definitely apply before your trip, otherwise your FBI report is null/void and you'll have to get another one. Also, your antecedentes penales only is good for a couple of weeks (? can't remember the exact range on that one) so you'd also have to start over there.

We've asked them every time we go just to make sure and they have always said that it is no problem. I don't have my FBI report though because they kept screwing it up. Now we just wait for the interpol report to come in.

I know what you mean about the FBI report. We finally have a good copy. We kept having problems with it. If we have anymore I may have to PM you about how you did the interpol report.

Back