Advice On Buying A Gun

So a quick recap:

Bersa Thunder 380 Plus is ok. Also sold in the US, Europe etc. Based on the Walther PPK. Price (~5500), quality and caliber (.380 ACP) among other factors make it an interesting option for home defense. Alternatives are imported guns which are significantly more expensive (Glock, S&W ...) unless they are from a Mercosur country (like the Taurus from Brazil). Another option would be a pump gun (prices?).

Gun permits can be obtained via:
- Gun shop
- Organizations operating shooting ranges
- Directly from RENAR

PS: Home defense training can be obtained from GS for 3x500 USD.
PPS: How to defend yourself against military forces during a coup or against an evil police force with military equipment is a different story.

PPS: How to defend yourself against military forces during a coup or against an evil police force with military equipment is a different story.

This made smile. Thank you.

PPS: How to defend yourself against military forces during a coup or against an evil (a) police force with military equipment is a different story.

This is what we now have in the US. Give us a little time and we'll let you know how it goes. If you are anxious for an answer you can ask the distinguished gentleman from Brasil. They have lots of experience. :eek:

Honestly if you think you're going to defend yourself against an army or even a police force with your little guns... you've watched one too many action movies.

I have a friend of mine who is a bit of a gun nut. I didn't mind that riding in his car meant that there were always 3 guns near me. Nor that hanging out in his garage was like being in an armory. We all have are quirks. Where I did draw the line though was when I found out he went skiing with his gun in his backpack. I told another friend of ours and we waited for the opportunity. When he eventually crashed we both simultaneous yelled "hit the deck!" and threw ourselves into the snow.

I can't possibly immagine why he considered it necessary to pack heat while skiing. I've always found pepper spray more than adequate for handling side slipping snowboarders.

Honestly if you think you're going to defend yourself against an army or even a police force with your little guns... you've watched one too many action movies.

Have we pacified the Taliban and their little guns yet? No? I think you have not watched too many news.

You havent seen my little guns. your right about one thing, maybe 1 person with several guns wont be enough to hold off an army or police force but when many have an arsenal there is a good chance in your favor.. well not YOUR favor because you dont sound like your armed, maybe you could pepper spray them.
http://www.cafepress.com/+stun_gun_yard_sign,1268112871
http://www.cafepress.com/+promise_yard_sign,467704504
http://www.cafepress.com/+a_gun_is_like_a_parachute_yard_sign,1285806200

Back