Who has left or is planning to leave?

I have to say that the cost of living has risen a lot in the past few months, and the USD hasn't risen much, nearly similar to December 2023.
It really impacts our lives, because we don't speak Spanish, we can't find a job here.😢

I really like this country, culture and the people, but this is life. The economy forces us to make a choice.
If I'm paying the same amount of money for housing or school fees, I expect a better quality of facilities or standards. 😢

We have completely achieved our goal of coming to Argentina, so I am seriously thinking of going to another country.

We are originally from East Asia. We went back for traveling last year, and I feel Asia is so different now. I see energy, opportunity, and a future.
But my wife suggests we go to the UK because she doesn't like the education culture in East Asia. Honestly, I think it's too risky to spend a lot of money to set up in the UK and find a job in a short time.

We have been discussing this for a month, but still, there is no conclusion. The only conclusion is leaving this country, but we still don't when
I can relate to your situation. I am from Europe, we have the same impression from Asia and SEA, lots of energy and future. We would love to go to a country like thailand or vietnam for at least some time

Thailand was mentioned as an alternative expat destination early in this thread, but I don't think anyone mentioned recent changes in tax laws that will affect expats.

Here's just one YouTube video of several that appeared in a search:

Will the economy continue in free fall or find a floor ? I believe there is a long stretch before the V recovery ! announced by Milei. It's still a long tunnel , no light in sight..
I measure the trend of the economy, by the resto attendance along Santa Fe Ave. Today at several popular places at 14:00 hours restos like Aires Criollos, la Cholita , Cumana, Babieca. Only a couple of tables filled ...?
One can't measure the sales volume in other stores.

Will the economy continue in free fall or find a floor ? I believe there is a long stretch before the V recovery ! announced by Milei. It's still a long tunnel , no light in sight..
I measure the trend of the economy, by the resto attendance along Santa Fe Ave. Today at several popular places at 14:00 hours restos like Aires Criollos, la Cholita , Cumana, Babieca. Only a couple of tables filled ...?
Well, someone is measuring what happens in other stores: https://buenosairesherald.com/economics/supermarket-spending-drops-7-3-in-march-private-report-finds

I did my own rough measuring looking at how many people were in the shops in Santa Fe. Not a good sight, in the majority there were only one or two clients, many empty...

If it wasn't for the waves, caramba
Santa Marta moriria, caramba.....
I didn't like Santa Marta very much. Yes, I stayed in a very nice boutique hotel in the old town with a rooftop pool and a view over the bay. But the town itself, while pleasant, doesn't have too much to offer. I passed through El Rodadero on my way to Playa Blanca, and it was pretty nasty, overrun with tourists, and the boat crews fighting (literally) to get the tourists into their boats.

Parque Tayrona is on my bucketlist, for sometime in the future. There are some nice hotels close by as well.

We've spent our last few holidays in Colombia in Cartagena, which is an amazing combination of the old (the walled city is very impressive) and the beach vibe (no, don't go to the beaches in Cartagena, take a trip to one of the archipelagos, del Rosario or, better, San Bernardo). Bendita Beach is our recommendation for the Islas del Rosario. I am secretly plotting how to get an apartment in Cartagena.

Back