Advice On Buying A Gun

As an author of the ONLY book in Spanish dealing with this controversial subject (LA PORTACION OCULTA, see MERCADO LIBRE), I think I can add a few ideas:
A) Do not pay attention to those who fear firearms, they do not have a life of their own. Do not be a
"hoplofobic".
B) To obtain a licence to buy a weapon you can do trhu a dealer or at RENAR,Bartolome Mitre St
and Parana St.
C) You can also go to the Lomas de Zamora Tiro Federal on a Saturday morning and do most the proceedings in the same day, including the training course and shooting excersice.
D) Legitime defense IS a reason for self defense, here and everywhere.
E) BERSA pistols are sold in the USA, they are well known there.
E) Of course S&W, GLOCKs,atc are of better quality, but this is shown only after you shoot 20,000 rounds or so with the firearm (Are you planning to do this?).
F)Shotguns are excelent for home defense (plus you can "use" it for hunting too)
G)I have a Taurus .40 caliper, excelent gun too.

looks more like a Saturday night special. the barrel is short and hard to aim. would suggest going to a firing range, if available, and see if you can control it. if its truly for home, would suggest a 12 gauge shotgun with a riot barrel. just the sound of racking one in the chamber usually does the trick. they know whats coming. aim is not critical and when necessary, its a great bat.

henry, just saw your post. totally agree. those small weapons with short barrels are usually used against you, not for you. you can buy shotguns with both barrels. one for protection and one for sport.

The best advice on buying a gun is "Don't!" It is far more likely to injure or kill you, or someone else in the household, than it is to fend off some evil-doer.

Dont be armed, dont take classes on protecting yourself, let the GOBERMENT protect you! LOL

Hey how hard is it to become an instructor IF your an Expat?

Guys just a thought after reading these posts, the only reason you get a weapon used against you, is if your not trained well enough to utilize it properly. You hesitate, (which goes back to training) or you got caught asleep without it under your pillow! Sleep with your weapon, give it a girls name or a mans if your a woman. But respect it.

My answer get some help training, think worste cases scenarios and hope for the best always, love your fellow human beings, treat them nice, and maybe they will help you IF you ever need it!

Guys just a thought after reading these posts, the only reason you get a weapon used against you, is if your not trained well enough to utilize it properly. You hesitate, (which goes back to training) or you got caught asleep without it under your pillow! Sleep with your weapon, give it a girls name or a mans if your a woman. But respect it.

My answer get some help training, think worste cases scenarios and hope for the best always, love your fellow human beings, treat them nice, and maybe they will help you IF you ever need it!

I think people who sleep with a gun under there pillow are the type who are most likely to shoot themselves or a loved one. If you keep a gun in your home for self defense, you should probably treat it like a fire extinguisher. Know how to use it, practice once or twice, make sure it's located usefully and do the necessary maintenance. If you're constantly playing with it and giving it woman's names, you're probably going to fall into an "if you only have a hammer" situation.

I think people who sleep with a gun under there pillow are the type who are most likely to shoot themselves or a loved one. If you keep a gun in your home for self defense, you should probably treat it like a fire extinguisher. Know how to use it, practice once or twice, make sure it's located usefully and do the necessary maintenance. If you're constantly playing with it and giving it woman's names, you're probably going to fall into an "if you only have a hammer" situation.

I respectfully disagree, i know lots of people who have slept with their weapons for years, and never shot ANYONE unintentionally. How many members of Military do you read about shooting anyone unintentionally, this is infact the way the military "US Marines" taught people to treat their weapons. And if they SHOOT you, they meant to! :)

You know some of those people dont need weapons anymore either, they dream at night of the simpletons who think their badder, more sneaky, or have better technology than them, sooner or later evil meets good, and good ultimately triumps, and it ends with the bad guys getting thrashed totally.

Oh another key point for not having a weapon used against you, dont show it to someone and attempt to scare them! If they are close enough to seee a small weapon, they probably are close enough to take it away from you! Again practice, how not to lose it, as well as how to shoot it!

AND NO MATTER what you buy, or DO, FOLLOW ALL THE LAWS COMPLETELY to the letter!

Back